We take our responsibility for the environment very seriously. We strive to use, recycle and dispose of water safely; manage air emissions; limit our physical footprint; and minimize our impact on habitat, including wildlife. We work with our stakeholders to identify the unique needs of the different areas where we operate. And, using innovative technology, we continually look for ways to improve our environmental performance.
We provide our employees, contractors and third-party service providers the appropriate training they need to comply with regulations and be responsible environmental stewards. We measure our environmental impact using comprehensive operational systems that monitor, manage and accurately report our activities, and we conduct regular internal audits.
Our environmental commitments
We understand that environmental progress is integral to our long term resource development. That’s why we developed five environmental commitments to guide our actions:
- Taking care of the environment is part of what we do
- We incorporate environmental considerations when planning our work
- Through innovation and efficiency, we limit our impacts on air, land and water resources
- Our activities are temporary, we conserve resources and reclaim impacts
- We take actions to continually improve our environmental performance